ROUND TABLE ON «DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE ECONOMY: WORLD EXPERIENCE, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS»
On November 11st, 2020, at 16:00, the international round table «Digital transformation of economy: world experience, problems and prospects» was held at «Turan» University. The event was organized online on the Google Meet platform by the “World and National Economy” department, with the assistance of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations.
The round table was aimed at discussing issues related to the acceleration of digitalization processes in the context of COVID-19. Today the consequences of the pandemic have made adjustments in all spheres of human life, strengthening the social function of digital technologies and services. Within the framework of national programs, support for the development of digital technologies, digital transformation of companies, government and education is being strengthened in order to support business in the current realities, for which digital technologies are becoming a competitive advantage, and also to keep up with the global pace of digitalization. The philosophy of “office work” is changing all over the world, and only thanks to digital technologies, a mass transition to a remote format has become possible. According to leading economists, the current situation will become an impetus for more active changes in production processes in many sectors of the economy.
Representatives of various domestic and foreign organizations, as well as students and employees of the “Turan” University were invited to discuss the issue under study, among them:
- Kozhumratova Zhanar – head of the corporate work management department of the Department of Asset Management and Investment Projects of JSC National Infocommunication Holding “Zerde”;
- Marat Mendybaev – member of the board, head of the Trade Division of Tengri Partners Investment Banking (Kazakhstan);
- Diaz Shaimardanov – senior dealer of the Treasury Department;
- Arupov Akimzhan – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Director of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations;
- Arupova Nadezhda – candidate of legal sciences, associate Professor, MGIMO MFA (Russia);
- Yeralina Elmira – PhD, associate Professor, head of the “Management” department of “Turan” University.
As a result of the round table, a resolution was adopted on the development of new teaching methods in the context of digital transformation, as well as on strengthening the research work of students, including the development of a scientific project for participation in a competition among students on “World Economy” and “Economy” educational programs.