Translator is one of the oldest, most humane and noblest professions, designed to unite people. It acquired an exceptional significance in the XXI century: political, social, and cultural levels have become indispensable in the age of globalization. Changes in the political and economic situation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the intensification of international cooperation, the appearance of foreign companies in our market and the entry of Kazakhstan into the world orbit significantly increased the demand for specialists not only proficient in a foreign language, but also able to accurately render the meaning of the source language.
Academic degree: Bachelor
Optional subject in the UNT:
Foreign language + History
UNT disciplines (for applicants in a related specialty):
Kazak/Russian language + Foreign language
Form of education: full-time, full-time with the use of remote technologies
Duration of training: 4 years after secondary education (full-time)
3 years after the intermediate vocational education (full-time, distance)
2 years after the highest education (distance)
- Translator Consultant (Manager in international companies);
- Translator – Aria Studies Specialist (Specialist with knowledge of political and economic characteristics of the region (Kazakhstan – China, Kazakhstan – Turkey)).
- Certified English courses.
- Official Testing Center ETS Global including TOEFL ITP, TOEFL iBT TOEIC TOEIC Bridge etc.
- English is the main language; optional second foreign language: French, German, Chinese, Turkish.
- Practice bases in translation agencies, internships in international companies.
- Entrepreneurial modules.
- Professional master classes.
- Technical equipment (language lab, interactive whiteboards, training programs).
- Individual training approach.
- Topical specializations.
- All types of translation preparation: informative, technical, literary translation; oral (consecutive and simultaneous), written translation.
- Real opportunities to work in international companies and translation agencies.
- Opportunity to start own business (translation agency, etc.)
|– Classic language;
– Contemporary reading;
– Speech communication practice;
– Business English;
– Cognitive linguistics;
– Intercultural communication;
– Transformational methods in translation;
– Translation in professional communication.
– Business Introduction (in language);
– Business Law;
– Intellectual Property Rights;
– Business Communications;
– Project Management;
Serikbay Indira (Chief Officer of «Translators Group» translation agency; President of the Kazakhstan Translators Association; author of the best-selling book «Oil gas terminology»);
Ulihina Elena (Chief Officer of «LexTrans» legal translation agency);
Golovchun Alevtina (PhD in Pedagogy; acting interpreter-practician; author of textbooks and manuals, articles on linguistics and translation studies);
- Kazakhstan Translators Association;
- «Alatau Innovation Technopark» SEZ;
- «Translator Group» translation agency;
- «Gala Translations» translation company;
- «First Media Group» Media Holding (magazine L’Officiel Kazakhstan);
- «FARM» investment fund;
- «BeSmart» coupon service;
- «Lamoda.kz» – a large e-commerce company;
- Association of Kazakhstan Internet Business and Mobile Commerce.
Students of the «Translation Studies» undertake an internship in organizations and institutions in which knowledge of a foreign language is a constant demand. Agreements have been concluded with partner organizations acting as practice bases. Among them are «LexTrans» and «Translators Group» translation agencies, «First Media Group» LLP, «Blackberry» LLP, «Kazakhstan Fashion Week» international project, «L’Officiel» glossy magazine and others.
Double-degree programs and programs on academic mobility
Within the framework of double-degree programs and programs on academic mobility, students have the opportunity to study in the partner universities according to their choice:
Berjaya University College of Hospitality, Malaysia;
Istanbul Arel University, Turkey;
Kastamonu University Turkey; Volgograd State University, Russia.
An exciting time full of meetings with native speakers, trainings, seminars, trips and master classes is offered.
During the training, students get the opportunity to try their hand at professional translation. Our students accompany many events in which foreign guests usually participate.
MBA Plus, trainings by E2-Educational Service, B2B Luxury & MICE International Workshop, «Turan Model United Nations» international conference, meetings with the Ambassador of Macedonia, workshops for journalists, professional seminars given by representatives of New York Film Academy and others.
The International Leadership Institute (ILI) has organized MBA Plus courses with awarding certificates on the appropriate levels: Advanced, Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate. The MBA Plus course was held from 13 to 16 April 2015.
The organizers of these courses were E2- Educational Service, Seattle, USA, in the person of Thomas Gatch, the President; and Joshua Getch – the Director, as well as Turan University and ILI.
Coaches are successful businessmen, co-founders of the American company «Guidant Financial»:
- David Nielsen – Director General;
- Jeremy Ace – President of the company.
Translation was provided by 3rd year students of «Translation Studies» Valentin Popov and Arailym Myrzabieva.
An active part in the work of «Turan Model United Nations» international conference was taken by the 2nd and 3rd years students of «Translation Studies».
Possible career prospects:
- Manager for work with foreign partners;
- Interpreter / translator in commercial structures and state enterprises;
- Assistant to the head of an international company;
- Teacher of foreign languages;
- Employee of state organizations of the region;
Almaty, Satpaev St., 16а
tel.: +7(727) 260-40-28 (int.728)