STEM business school specialties list
Becoming a marketing specialist is a great idea!
The marketing specialist is the expert, who analyzes consumer market and elaborates the promotion strategy for the goods.
Nowadays, there are two kinds of marketing specialists: (i) analysts, who gather and analyze information, as well as study the strategies of competitors and sales dynamics of their products;
(ii) creative specialists, who design conception of promotion for the goods in the consumer market.
What else? – It is also advertising, re-branding strategies, popularization, creation of new brands and design of new promotion principles etc.
What does the manager do? The manager is one of the most widespread positions in the labor market. The main goal of his activities is ensuring efficient work of company employees.
Managers’ responsibilities include HR-management, advertising, sales, resource-management and many more.
Each of them is responsible for specific functions, managing certain segment of the company’s activities.
How efficiently and effectively are material, labor and financial resources of the company used? How high is the quality of the manufactured output and at what level is the implementation of new technology? Only an economist can provide answer for these and many other questions.
Economist’s responsibilities include ensuring efficiency, increasing efficacy, identifying reserves and preventing losses and non-productive expenses. Moreover, an economists is the expert who can calculate the expenditures of the company, necessary for carrying out certain works, services and R&D.
If you are interested in global economic processes, including external economic, currency, financial and entrepreneurial processes, then, International Economics would be the right choice for you.
The specialist in international economics studies conjuncture and price movements in the global commodity markets, protects economic interests of the company while carrying out international transactions, chooses optimal methods and instruments for external economic activities, as well as ensures smooth interaction with governmental authorities in the sphere of external economic activities.
The financier understands politics and economics, is aware of competitors’ turnover, makes financial decisions in order to increase capital of the company.
The financier also invests in long-term investments and real estate, considering possible returns and risks.
The financier should possess excellent analytical skills, be emotionally stable and attentive to details and have high sense of responsibility.
In order to be able to ensure financial stability of the company, a finance specialist should be very knowledgeable and professional.
«The date of creation of the universe can be determined only by the accountants.»
The professional accountant keeps track of all data related to revenue and expenditures, calculates profit and salaries, as well as deals with all taxation issues.
The work of the accountant is vital as this employee usually works with substantial amounts of funds. The accountant is the one who identifies weaknesses in financial and other reports and knows how to eliminate those weaknesses.
The auditor checks whether the results of financial reports correspond to the actual state and conditions of the company. That is the function of the auditor is independent evaluation, analysis and monitoring of the accounting activities.
The specialist of Logistics will be highly demanded taking into account current and future trends.
Such specialist will find the optimal way to deliver goods to the required destination with minimum expenses and will foresee an alternative route in case of force majeure.
Efficiency and accuracy are key in the field of logistics.
IT-manager oversees information infrastructure of the company, understands top-management issues related to the business and structures the activities of IT-departments of the company based on the business strategy of the company.
Only IT-manager can elaborate development strategy of the corporate systems and information infrastructure of the company, because being able to run the company takes more than just technical IT knowledge.
Usually IT-manager spends 40% of the time for solving technical issues, 30% of the time for solving business issues and the remaining 30% of the time for enhancing competency of IT specialists and improving the efficiency of IT-structures.
The main goal of the education in English is enhancing the competitiveness of university graduates and increasing the attractiveness of the university as a study destination for students from all around the world.
Advantages of studying at STEM Business School of Turan University:
- Competence-based approach in education – students will additionally gain practical and professional skills (ability to work with Bloomberg terminal, soft skills, etc.);
- The content of educational programs is in accordance with international standards and the possibility of getting prepared for professional certification during university years (by using academic materials required to obtain international professional certification, like CFA, ACCA);
- Instruction by foreign faculty and domestic faculty with top international education and experience of teaching at foreign universities;
- Student-oriented individual educational trajectory with the possibility of participation in exchange programs and/or double-degree programs;
- Entrepreneurship module, embedded into academic program, and wide variety of guest lectures by industry professionals;
- Strategic partnership with leading national and foreign research centers (universities: London School of Marketing (Great Britain, London), Moscow State University named after Lomonosov (Moscow, Russia), Varna Free University (Varna, Bulgaria); Technoparks: Skolkovo (Moscow, Russia), Almaty Tech Garden (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Submission of application along with supportive application materials.
- English language proficiency (IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent TOEFL score). If an applicant doesn’t have IELTS or TOEFL certificate, it is possible to pass English language proficiency test at Turan University at the end of August.
Those who doesn’t possess sufficient language proficiency might be offered conditional admission and will have to undertake several additional English language courses during the first academic year and summer semester (additionally) – this will be determined during interview.
Terms of payment:
Payment is made in accordance with the University Regulation on Payment.
The cost of additional courses is 55000 KZT (per course).